The Latest Figures from the Social Media and Network Behemoths:
Statistics from the Mothership:
- 1 billion monthly active users at the end of October 2012.
- Approximately 81% of our monthly active users are outside the U.S. and Canada.
- 584 million daily active users on average in September 2012.
- 604 million monthly active users who used Facebook mobile products as of September 30, 2012.
Twitter Statistics From 2012 (As of Dec 2012; source)
- There were 175 million tweets sent from Twitter every day throughout 2012. (source: Infographics Labs)
- 56% of customer tweets to companies are being ignored. (sources: AllTwitter)Top 3 countries on Twitter are the USA at 107 million,
- Brazil 33 million and Japan at nearly 30 million. (source: Jeff Bullas)
- The average user follows (or is followed by) 51 people. (source: Diego Basch’s Blog)
- 32% of all Internet users are using Twitter. (source: Marketing Land)69% of follows on Twitter are suggested by friends. (source: Web Analytics World)
- In 2012, 1 million accounts have been added to Twitter everyday. (source: Infographics Labs)
- 50% of Twitter users are using the social network via mobile. (source: Microsoft tag)
- 34% of marketers have generated leads using Twitter. (source: Digital Buzz Blog)
- 26% of retweets are incited by a request to retweet. (source: Web Analytics World)