The Latest Figures from the Social Media and Network Behemoths:
Statistics from the Mothership:
- 1.04 billion daily active users on average for December 2015
- 934 million mobile daily active users on average for December 2015
- 1.59 billion monthly active users as of December 31, 2015
- 1.44 billion mobile monthly active users as of December 31, 2015
- Approximately 83.6% of our daily active users are outside the US and Canada
Twitter Statistics (As of December 31, 2015; source)
- 320 million monthly active users.
- 1 billion Unique visits monthly to sites with embedded Tweets.
- 80% are active mobile users.
- There are 500 million tweets sent from Twitter every day (2016).
- 56% of customer tweets to companies are being ignored. (sources: AllTwitter)
- 70% of Companies Ignore Customer Complaints on Twitter (source: Maritz)
- Top 3 countries on Twitter are the USA at 107 million, Brazil 33 million and Japan at nearly 30 million. (source: Jeff Bullas)
- The average user has 208 followers.
- 32% of all Internet users are using Twitter. (source: Marketing Land)
- 69% of follows on Twitter are suggested by friends. (source: Web Analytics World)
- 44% of accounts have never sent a Tweet, meaning nearly half of users don’t publish content, they engage other’s content.
- In 2012, 1 million accounts have been added to Twitter everyday. (source: Infographics Labs)
- 50% of Twitter users are using the social network via mobile. (source: Microsoft tag)
- 34% of marketers have generated leads using Twitter. (source: Digital Buzz Blog)
- 26% of retweets are incited by a request to retweet. (source: Web Analytics World)